Husky Homestead will begin offering our 2020 summer season with some changes, in particular to our tour times and the days that they are offered. See our Summer Tours page for more information.
Husky Homestead prioritizes the health and safety of our guests, staff and community. We have formalized and enhanced our cleaning procedures at our tour location, and monitor the situation daily. Our practices and responses to COVID-19 are based on best practices and standards of the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and travel partners and professional associations.
In effect for 2020 visitors:
– Name and contact information is required of all visitors in order to support contact tracing.
– Upon arrival we ask that you wash and/or sanitize your hands.
– Social Distancing is in effect at Husky Homestead.
– Disposable masks are available for guests.
– We ask that you wear a mask when you are unable to maintain 6′ of distance between yourself and others not in your party.
– Masks will be required if you would like to get close to a puppy or dog.
– Our staff are required to wear a mask in instances when they are unable to maintain 6′ of distance between themselves and guests.
– Please stay home if you are sick, or if you have been in contact with anyone that is sick.
For guests planning a 2020 summer visit, we offer a 4-hour cancellation policy. When you cancel your visit with us greater than 4 hours in advance of your scheduled tour time, you are eligible for a full refund with no cancellation fee.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, for assistance booking, or for help making changes to your reservation.
Traveling to Alaska?
- Test 72 hours before departure, and upload negative result into the Alaska Travel Portal (link will be available soon)
- If tested 72 hours before departure and awaiting results, travelers will need to upload proof of test taken into the Alaska Travel Portal and quarantine at their own expense while waiting.
- If a non-resident arrives without a pre-test, testing is available at airports for $250 per test. The traveler will be required to quarantine at their own expense while waiting on results.
- Testing remains available at no cost to Alaska residents.
- 14 day quarantine is still available to Alaska residents.
- Alaska residents traveling back to home communities in rural Alaska will now have the option of testing at the airport sites, to prevent bringing the virus into our small communities.
Travelers are strongly encouraged to wear masks, practice social distancing and good hygiene, be respectful of the health of Alaskans, and to stay home if they are sick or at risk for COVID-19.
All mandates and protocols are subject to change. For the most recent information, visit the State of Alaska COVID-19 traveler information page.
For the latest information about COVID-19 in Alaska, please visit https://covid19.alaska.gov.
COVID-19 Travel Advisory Resources
There are many unknowns at this time, but we are doing our best to respond to the situation as it evolves. We are monitoring health & travel advisories & mandates put forth by the federal government and the state of Alaska, and we have collected some resources here for your reference.